When a vape leaks, there is usually no need to discard and replace the device. This is since many of the causes for a leaking vape can be easily resolved. However, in some cases you may need to replace your device. Here are some reasons why a vape may leak:
- A faulty vape tank could be the cause of a leaking vape, so it’s worth checking for visible signs of damage to the tank, such as cracks.
- Overfilling, or incorrectly filling a vape tank with e-liquid can cause leaks. Good practice is to be mindful when filling or refilling the tank with e-liquid. For some devices, you may want to leave a bubble of air at the top of the tank to create a vacuum that keeps liquid from spilling out.
- A loose vape tank can be a problem as it could allow the e-liquid to spill out. Ensure the tank is amply tightened and secure.
- Incorrect e-liquids can be problematic for vapes. Only use e-liquid that is compatible with your device and avoid liquids that aren’t. It is best practice to follow the manufacturer’s guidance on compatible e-liquids.
- Incorrect wattage or voltage levels could result in a leak. This is something the manufacturer's guidance should cover, and we recommend you follow their advice.
- Improper handling of your device could cause leaks. Follow manufacturer’s guidance on how to correctly handle the vape. Careful handling of a device can limit leaks.
- A faulty vape coil is another common reason for leaks. A vape coil that has malfunctioned or worn out can cause a device to leak. This extends to o-rings; a rubber band that is attached to the coil. When displaced or degraded, o-rings can cause leakages. Fortunately, o-rings and coils can be easily changed in many vape devices.
Looking After Your Device
Certain precautions can prevent the recurrence of leaking vapes in many cases. For example, and as mentioned previously, handling your device correctly is an important precautionary measure.
After identifying and fixing a leaking vape, we recommend adult vapers incorporate careful device cleaning and maintenance. Cleaning can go a long way in preventing problems, like leakages, in a vape. Use your time cleaning to inspect the device and check for any damage. Vaping with a malfunctioning part can cause lasting device damage, and to prevent this, we recommend replacing any defective components of a vape.
Measures like these will likely help to prevent frequent leaks in the future. However, when preventive measures have taken but leaks still occur, then it might be time to look for a replacement device. When considering a new device, quality is an important factor. Some modern, quality devices feature leak-resistant designs such as vape tanks that don’t leak.
VEEV ONE – A Vape Device
If you are an adult vaper or smoker looking for a new device, then you may wish to consider VEEV ONE. VEEV ONE is VEEV’s most advanced pod device, which is reusable and rechargeable. It uses compact ceramic heating technology with 6.5W heating power. Find VEEV in the online store.
Important information: VEEV is not risk-free.
This article is for general information and educational purposes. Some of the information in this article is based on external, third-party sources and we make no representations or warranties of any kind regarding the accuracy, validity or completeness of such information.