VEEV Social Media Accounts: Rules of Engagement
It is likely that you have been redirected here from one of our official VEEV social media sites, particularly from one of our VEEV Customer Care pages on Twitter or VEEV brand communication accounts on Instagram or Facebook, as applicable, jointly to be referred to hereinafter as “VEEV Pages”.
The VEEV Pages are intended for adult smokers who want to continue using nicotine products and adult VEEV users residing in Canada (excluding Quebec), and by engaging with our VEEV Pages, you confirm that you are fulfilling these criteria.
Who are we?
Rothmans, Benson & Hedges (“RBH”) is a member of the Philip Morris International (“PMI”) group of companies. We have identified ourselves to you and given our contact details, in the website where these rules of engagement (“Rules”) are published or on the respective VEEV Page accordingly.
How do you accept these rules of engagement?
Good Conversion Practices and Our Duty to Inform
Before we tell you what you shouldn’t do on our page, here are some things you should know about VEEV:
RBH offers smoke-free products. Our vision is that smoke-free products – while not risk-free - can one day replace cigarettes.
- Cigarette smoking causes serious diseases and is addictive. Without question, the best decision any smoker can make is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- RBH’s smoke-free products are for adults who would otherwise continue to smoke or use other nicotine products.
- We do not offer RBH’s smoke-free products to people who have never used tobacco or nicotine products or who have quit using tobacco and nicotine products. Our smoke-free products are not an alternative to quitting and are not designed as cessation aids.
- RBH’s smoke-free products are not risk-free and contain nicotine, which is addictive.
- We support our adult smoke-free product users in their journey to full conversion through education and guidance.
- For consumers to experience the benefits of a smoke-free product, they must switch completely and abandon smoking permanently.
- Minors should not use tobacco or nicotine in any form.
- Pregnant women, diabetics and people with heart problems should not use any tobacco or nicotine product.
We’ll regularly monitor the VEEV Pages, responding to and passing on as many useful recommendations as we can. We are glad you are here and expect feedback and passionate conversations but let’s keep it clean and positive.
You are responsible for the content you post on this page and we reserve the right to remove any postings that contain:
- Offensive or violent language
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- Links or comments containing sexually explicit content material
- Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights
- Spam, link baiting or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people’s computers or mobile devices
- Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual
- Commercial solicitations or the promotion of a competitor
- Confidential information or trade secrets
- Impersonate any person or organization
LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS
YOUR USE OF OUR VEEV PAGES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OUR SOCIAL MEDIA SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WHERE POSSIBLE, WE MAY RESTRICT YOUR ACCESS TO OUR VEEV PAGES OR ANY FEATURE OR PART OF THEM AT ANY TIME. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MATERIAL ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA SITES IS NONINFRINGING; THAT ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT OUR SOCIAL MEDIA SITES WILL BE SECURE; OR THAT INFORMATION ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA SITES WILL BE COMPLETE, ACCURATE OR TIMELY.
IF ANYONE BRINGS A CLAIM AGAINST US RELATED TO YOUR ACTIONS OR CONTRIBUTIONS, YOU WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD US HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND EXPENSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING REASONABLE LEGAL FEES AND COSTS) RELATED TO SUCH CLAIM.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SOCIAL MEDIA SITES. THESE INCLUDE DAMAGES FOR ERRORS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DEFECTS, DELAYS, COMPUTER VIRUSES, YOUR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO AND ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS AND DATA, AND OTHER TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE LOSSES. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED UNDER THE TERMS OF A CONTRACT, AS THE RESULT OF NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF WE OR OUR REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN NEGLIGENT OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
If you do provide us with any personal data on VEEV Pages, we will process it in accordance with the privacy notice which is available here.
Changes to these Rules
We may amend these Rules from time to time without any notice. We encourage you to check these Rules each time you access and use our VEEV Pages in order to stay up-to-date. If you then continue to use the VEEV Pages, your use will mean you accept the updated Rules. The date at the bottom of this page shows when these Rules were last updated.
The laws of Canada govern this Rules and your use of our VEEV Pages, and you irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts located in Canada.
Right to Assign, No Waivers, Severability
RBH may assign its rights and duties under these Rules to any party at any time without notice to you, unless notice to you is required by applicable law, but this will not affect Your rights or our obligations under these Rules.
Our failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of these Rules is not a waiver of any of these Rules or RBH’s rights. Users should always assume these Rules apply.
If any provision in these Rules is held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Rules shall continue to be enforceable.
Thanks for reading. Please enjoy our community!
Notes on revision:
Last modified on September 01, 2021.