VEEV Italia social rules
Our VEEV social channels are aimed exclusively at adult residents of Italy who are users of VEEV or smokers or users of other nicotine products. VEEV is not a product to stop smoking or use other products with nicotine. By interacting with our social channels you confirm that you are of legal age and are a smoker or user of VEEV or other nicotine products.
WHO ARE WE?
We are part of the Philip Morris International ("PMI") group of companies. We introduce ourselves and provide our references on this samewebsite where these rules of interaction ("Rules") with VEEV's social channels are located.
HOW DO I AGREE TO THESE RULES?
GOOD CONVERSION PRACTICES FOR SMOKE-FREE PMI PRODUCTS
(Published on pmi.com on May 17, 2021)
PMI offers a variety of quality, scientifically substantiated smoke-free products that are much better choices than continued smoking. Our vision is that our smoke-free products will one day replace cigarettes
1. Cigarette smoking causes serious diseases and is addictive. Without question, the best decision any smoker can make is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
2. Minors should not use tobacco or nicotine in any form.
3. We do not offer our smokeless products to those who have never used or have stPMl's smoke-free products are for adults who would otherwise continue to smoke or use other nicotine products.
4. We do not offer PMI’s smoke-free products to people who have never used tobacco or nicotine products or who have quit using tobacco and nicotine products. Our smoke-free products are not alternatives to quitting and are not designed as cessation aids.
5. PMl’s smoke-free products are not risk free and contain nicotine, which is addictive. Switching to a smokefree product is, however, a better choice than continuing to smoke.
6. We support our adult smoke-free product users in their journey to full conversion through education and guidance.
7. For consumers to experience the benefits of smoke-free products, they must switch‘completely and abandon smoking permanently.
8. We inform consumers of all relevant safety information about our smoke-free products.
We will regularly check the social channels, publish useful information and respond by providing the best possible recommendations.
We are happy that you interact with us and to make the time we spend together enjoyable, we ask you to use correct and understandable language, respecting the common rules of good behaviors and netiquette.
You will be responsible for the content you post on social channels VEEV and we reserve the right to remove any messages:
• offensive, defamatory, vulgar;
• racist, sexist and discriminatory;
• inciting violence and hatred;
• violations of copyright or intellectual property rights;
• spam or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people's computers or mobile devices;
• attacks on specific groups or comments that involve harassment, threats or abuse of an individual;
• commercial solicitation or promotion of a competitor or third party business;
• images or expressions that might attract the attention of minors.
We also reserve the right to block users who post content deemed inappropriate as described above or similar.
Please note that messages posted by you or other users do not necessarily represent the views of Philip Morris International. We are not responsible for any content or links shared on our social channels. If you would like to share these social channels or their content with your friends or within your community, please ensure that the people who see your posts are of legal age and are smokers or users of VEEVs or other nicotine products.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Your use of our VEEV social channels is at your own risk. Our VEEV social channels are online in their current state and subject to availability. Where possible, we may inhibit your access to our VEEV social channels or portions thereof at any time. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and all warranties that the content on our social channels will not violate any law; that access to our social channels will be uninterrupted and error-free; that our social channels are secure; or that the information on our social channels is completely accurate and up-to-date.
In the event that an action is brought against us in connection with your action or contribution, you agree to indentify us for all damages, losses and expenses of any kind (including legal fees and costs) related to such action.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages for use or inability to use your social media. This includes damages for errors, omissions, interruptions, defects, delays, viruses, your loss of profits and data, unauthorized access, alterations in data transmission, and other tangible and intangible losses. These limitations apply whether or not the claim for damages is governed by contract, as a result of negligence or otherwise, and even if we or our representatives have been negligent or have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
UPDATES TO THESE RULES
We may change these rules from time to time without notice. We encourage you to check this section each time you log in and interact with our VEEV social channels to stay up to date. If you continue to interact with our VEEV social channels, you will have accepted the update. The date at the bottom of this page will indicate the last time the update occurred.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
The laws of Switzerland govern these Rules and your use of our VEEV social channels, and you irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts located in Lausanne, Switzerland, without regard to any international conflicts of law provisions, excluding the 1980 Vienna Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
RIGHTS OF ASSIGNMENT, WAIVER, PRESERVATION
PMI may assign its rights and obligations under these Rules to any party at any time without notice unless required to do so by law, but this will not affect your rights or obligations under these Rules. Our failure to insist on or strictly enforce these Rules shall not be construed as a waiver of these Rules or PMI's rights. Users should always assume enforcement of these Rules.
If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Rules shall continue to apply.
Thank you for reading.